Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Painting without Thinking

I live by the philosophy that artist Feng Zhu teaches. He believes you should NOT think so much when creating/painting. I agree with that. My best illustrations come from when im doodling on a napkin or notepad. Not reallying having a set idea of what im creating. Just allowing my mind to be free from the mindless ramblings that go through my head every single day. Its a good exercise to clear your mind also. But now I've incorporated that thinking in my paintings.

If someone were to ask me to commission a painting of a specific theme, I'll do it BUT it probably wont look as good as if I just created something with no set guidelines or rules.

This painting here is spray paint and acrylics. I mixed two different applications to achieve this piece. I wasn't thinking about which application to use. I just started off with spray paint and it evolved subconsciously into the final product...art is funny, art is beautiful that way...

No comments: